Monday, July 14, 2008

Road Trip for the Knitting Hussy

Last weekend, I was the tag along with hubby to Wichita. He had clients to see there, and of course I rode along to be a loving and supportive wife... However, I heard there was a pretty great yarn shop there, so that might have been what I was loving and supporting...

The rumor did not disappoint, and long story short, Twist is a FABULOUS yarn shop. Their selection begins with interesting and affordable yarns all the way up to $30-ish skeins. The displays are creative but not crowded, and everyone seemed very nice. The shop is relatively large, but has a very homey and warm feel, and the owner (Shelly) is very nice. It is definitely worth the three hour drive - even with the $4 gallon gas prices.





Mike has to go back to Wichita again in a couple of weeks, and I am definitely going back - you know, just to be supportive...

I bought a little tiny bit of yarn, just to "help the economy". My favorite economist would be so proud! The camera is not taking great pictures of the yarn, so I will have to link you to the Soxx Appeal by Knit One Crochet Two and to Plymouth Happy Feet (see color #4).


4 comments:

jokir said...

Maybe we should all go support Mike. 'Course he doesn't really have to go along....

Anonymous said...

We could support Mike in spirit!! Oh, wait, I already supported the economy today....*ahem* Merry Christmas to me.....

Linda said...

Lucky you - getting to go on yarn field trips! Sounds like a great store.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I didn't even look at the colors at first....pretty!! You gonna bring them for Show -n- Tell??!