This is the view from inside the bag.
This is the outside of the bag with the olive side showing. The brown side did not show up that well against my wallpaper and door.
1. The handles - they easily accommodate over the shoulder carrying.
2. The wide opening and no-snag closure.
3. The clear pockets with nice zippers.
4. The space within the bag is very nice.
5. The drape of the bag is also very nice.
1. The color choices available are very limited, and not something I would normally buy.
2. No exterior pockets. I knew this when I ordered, and thought the interior pockets would be more usable than they actually are. They make the bag sit in an odd way if I put my wallet in either one of them. No, I am not buying a new wallet.
3. I thought the whole bag would be lined, not just the clear plastic pockets. The unlined bottom feels kinda cheap for a $70 bag. This is not a cheap price in my opinion. I have admired a friend’s swift for a few months, but unfortunately I never took the time to dissect her bag the way I have my own - this is my fault.
4. The key strap was a purchase I made to use with my scissors. The clasp is so narrow that my little Fiscars cannot fit the jaw clamp. I like the scissors I have, and I am not buying a new pair.
5. I ordered two clear organizer pouches thinking I would love them - not so much… The colors they sent do not match my bag. I could return them, but that is a hassle, and I do not want to pay to ship them back for a return/exchange. Never mind the fact that UPS hates me and I hate them!
Overall, I feel that this bag may grow on me because I take my knitting to work every day, and now I can leave the house at O-dark-thirty with one bag instead two.
Maybe I am being too critical, but with my two clear pouches and key strap (they did not tell me that one key strap came with the bag) the total came to $94 including shipping. It took me a little while to save this money, and I expected to be quite a bit more enamored than I was at first blush.
I will confess that I feel somewhat guilty because most everyone else on-line, as well as my friend, seem to adore their Swifts from the second they took them out of the box. As I stated earlier, maybe the Swift will grow on me…