Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Knitting New Year!!!


I am not a drinker, I do not stay up/out late, and other than dancing around a yarn shop with glee I have hung up my boogie shoes. All that being said, this is shaping up to be a joyous New Year's Eve. My hubby and I are home together with a warm fire, my house is clean, and the laundry is done. I am probably one hour's worth of work away from finishing the second modular sock.

Thanks to some kind encouragement from FKD and my mom, I have finished a difficult project. I found a friend who loved this colorway, and I knit them to her size. This will be my final project for 2006.

They were knit with Koigu yarn, and the pattern is called Diamond Patch Socks from Heartland Knits.

Surprisingly enough, my next project will also be a modular project, and hopefully a quick one too. No one is more surprised than I am, believe me... As a hint, it appeared in the holiday edition of Interweave Knits 2006. For fear that some of the recipients may read this, I will post the picture once they are ready to be presented to their intended recipients.

Santa Claus gave me a gift certicate to the LYS this year for Christmas, and I got a swift, two hanks of Koigu, and a ball of Inspiration. I don't know that I set out to get a swift, but my mother snatched one up, and gave me an acute case of swift envy. Since there was only one left, I snatched it up, whipped out my gift card, and danced around the counter with joy!














My mother is on the right, and my grandmother is on the left.

Now I ask you, is this the face of someone who could inspire swift envy? You betcha, baby! She is also the one who taught me to knit and finish my projects - I don't which lesson was tougher...




This is what Santa Claus brought me from the LYS this year, and I must have been good...














I turned 40 this December, and my life is far from perfect, but I have made peace with my inner demons. In doing so, I have decided to count my blessings and just be...

Happy Knitting and New Year's to all!

2 comments:

Debi said...

I STILL so love that colorway and the socks are a work of art! I'm so glad you stuck with them!!

Loive your gifts from Santa too :)

I have a really good friend that lives in Overland Park btw!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you finished those...though I can't believe you're going to do another pair?!? See you Wednesday!