Monday, July 25, 2005

Maiden chronicle from the Knittinghussy

I have fortunately or unfortunately become a self-proclaimed knittyhussy. I have become obsessed with knitting, and most of my thoughts and schemes are related either directly or indirectly to knitting, or the socializing associated with knitting. Unfortunately, my other tasks (housework, errands, etc.) are done while grumbling that this is stealing time from my precious knitting, although I don't have a great deal of talent or skill yet with knitting, I have to covet the skill and creativeness of others in the great sport of knitting.

Yes! Knitting is a sport. You can do it in groups or alone. It can be done to win a prize, or just for the joy of it. You can acquire all kinds of equipment to accesorize yourself for the sport of knitting, and lastly there are sport injuries related to knitting - the dreaded carpal tunnel syndrome, tight muscles, etc...

My most recent rant in re: to knitting is that I haven't found a group to knit with since I have moved south of the river in Kansas City. I would like to meet other knitters who are similarly obsessed with the joy of knitting and the social interaction that accompanies this. Since I am listing my wishes, I would also like to meet twice a month, or maybe even every week, but definitely on a Monday, and during the daytime for sure. There are several groups in the area, but none fit my schedule, and since I am on a rant, I can be self-centered.

This whole blogging thing is new to me, but since it is in re: to knitting, I will give it a whirl.

Now I shew myself away from the keyboard to complete my drudgely tasks so that I may go to the yarn shop in peace.

No comments: