Sunday, February 17, 2008

D is for Dolores, Dolores for President!!!

This week's letter programming is brought to you by the letter D. D is for Dolores, Dolores for President that is!!! As I am unable to reproduce a picture of Dolores without permission from Franklin, The Panopticon blog writer, so I will have have to let you link to her candidacy announcement on your own. The Panopticon is a hilarious blog, but the author is also a pretty great knitter as well. Her campaign promises include making Elizabeth Zimmerman's birthday a national holiday, fiber-related purchases will become tax deductible, knitting will become a mandatory subject in schools, and government subsidiaries will establish yarn shops in high-need areas. What more could you want??? Finally, a candidate that I can get excited about.



I have officially joined her party, the Fibertarians, and now I proudly display this as my Ravelry icon!



My sweater is coming along very slowly as I have been ill, and also suffering with another kind of sickness - SICK OF SCHOOL!!! I beyond HATE this class, and I would rather watch paint dry, but I am in it now and bound for glory. Also, I refuse to suffer in silence! I also have not had much time for spinning - see the same two previous complaints as they also apply to spinning as well.


As you might have guessed, I am in full Grinch mode, and I pretty much hate everything. If there is something I don't hate it is because one of the following two reasons:


1. I have not thought of it lately, but will probably renew my hate soon...


2. I loathe said object, and have went far beyond simple hate...


Also, all you lurkers out there, I have something for you...


Now shut up and knit!


4 comments:

jokir said...

What do you think? Would snarky be a good description of the mood? I just really like the word and this lookied like a good chance to use it.

Christy said...

So this means you hate your spinning wheel, Mike and sock yarn.

Sad.

Very sad.

Anonymous said...

I like this idea....Fibertarians, huh?!?

I've been kinda whiny, lately, which is frankly not new for me, but maybe we can talk each other out of our moods. Think of something wonderful. Think of a whole weekend with nothing to do but knit....aaaaaaaahhhh......

Linda said...

It's the weather, I tell you - THE WEATHER. It's got us all down! I think we all need a vacation to someplace warm. With free yarn.