Sunday, December 09, 2007

Progress and New Yarn are Beautiful Things

Leaf Lace Socks by Fiber Trends, Lanett Yarn in cranberry. In truth, it is a true Christmas red. That works out nicesly as this is a holiday gift for someone that does not read my blog. I have to admit, this pattern came out pretty darned great. I am very pleased to give this pair of socks as a gift, and I will definitely be knitting this pattern again! The Lanett is wonderful yarn to knit with. It is spun a bit looser than other sock yarn, but once on the needles I had no trouble getting eight stitches to the inch. It is soft, has a nice sheen, and is machine washable and dryable - hallelujah!!! As for colorfastness, I have no idea, but I plan to use this yarn again. Also, it was only $6.56 for approximately 215 yards. Also, the Leaf Lace pattern was super simple and really pretty.




Fetching from Knitty.com with a few modifications. I added one extra cable with three extra rows to lengthen the finger edge. Also, I did not like the bind off they recommended as it made it roll and flare. I did the sewn bind off and it really made them fit great! I used the Plymouth Baby Alpaca, and even with the extra rows it only took one hank.




The candy corn-colored washcloths for Secret Spook Gift Exchange - Sugar 'n Cream, mini fern stitch.




The felted oven mitt and hot pad for the Secret Spook Gift Exchange - Brown Sheep.





The socks mentioned in the previous post from top to bottom:


1. Opal Rainforest - Flamingo - top up, 2x2 rib with magic loop.

2. Fortissima Socka - toe up, 2x2 rib with magic loop.

3. Meilenweit Fantasy - cuff down, 2x2 rib.







Lastly, you See Natty is checking in the most yarn recent shipment - the two skeins on the left are Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in the Chocolate colorway and the large skein on the right is from Spritely Goods in the Sage colorway. The photography does not do the Claudia justice. The Chocolate is really beautiful, and I am hoping that the Sage is not a striping yarn, but more of a color pooling yarn.




No matter which of the holidays you observe during this time of year, find some time to celebrate the joy of the season, and save some time for knitting - cheers!



Terri and Natty

4 comments:

jokir said...

You've been holding out on us. I don't remember hearing about the top sock and haven't seen any of your latest creations. The new yarn is verrry close to being stolen away. Naturally I'll say Natty took it.

Debi said...

WOW! What an update!! Everything is lovely Terri!

Priscilla said...

Your socks are all beautiful! Also, thank you for the head's up on the Fetching bind off. I made one pair, and I wasn't happy with the bind off at all. But if I make another pair, I will try the sewn bind off as well.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to finally see all these things get their photographic due! Especially Natty.....!!!