Saturday, May 19, 2007

To Meme or Not to Meme, That is the Question...

I looked at my comments yesterday and discovered that I had been tagged by someone who has read my blog. While I am a team player, I am definitely a negotiator at heart. Here are my terms. I will do approximately 50% of the request, and we will call it good. I will answer the questions, but let the tagged decide who they are instead of me tagging them. I know people are busy, so participation is the most fun when it is not coerced.

Here are the tag rules (of which I have totally disregarded and/or made up my own):
  1. Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves.

  2. Those tagged need to write on their blog the 7 facts as well as the rules of the game.

  3. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog - or rewrite the rules as I did (heh!)

4. You have to leave those you are tagging a note in their comments so they know they have been tagged to read your blog.

Seven Random Facts:


1. Halloween is my favorite holiday.


2. I am comfortable being by myself.


3. Fall is my favorite time of year.


4. I have always loved magical things.


5. I recently purchased an MP3 player, and I love to download books and listen while I knit.
(Thanks, Grandma)


6. I have recently discovered that I am probably a very boring person, but I am comfortable
enough with myself not to care...


7. I hate rudeness. I try never to display it, and dislike it in others.

NOTE: If you feel that you have been tagged, then be tagged. If not, maybe next time.

Now that that little chore is complete, on to the knitting news. I am nearing the finish line for suprise surprise, another pair of socks. This is the first time I have tried lace knitting for socks. The pattern is from Wildhorse Farms (Savannah), and the pattern is pretty easy. I did use an eye of partridge heel with a little modifcation here and there instead of the pattern's heel, but I like the effect. The yarn is Jitterbug, made by Colinette, and the color Toscana. My stitch count is correct, but the yarn feels and looks the slightest bit FIRM. They stitch pattern is really pretty, but I think this pair will be reserved for cool fall or cold winter days.






I think the time has come for me to get some sock blockers for my photos. The little cardboard set I cut out just doesn't really do it for me...



I think Karen has some really nice wood sock blockers from The Loopy Ewe. Take a peek at hers back in the archives.


Happy knitting!