Thursday, March 02, 2006

Four FOs for 2006, and One Teeny Flub...


Okay, the teeny flub as we all know is the sweater for DMS that nearly finished me, not the other way around, and I had to have a rescue from Mom. Not my proudest moment as a knitter, but sometimes you have to realize when the party is over, and believe me it was.

The sweater to the left is the beast in question that that Mom is "helping" me with so that it doesn't get turned into yarn confetti and pitched off my balcony.


The four FOs are the two, yes two, keyhole scarves. One charity scarf for the Red Scarf Project, and with the left over yarn, and set of hogbones (scarf) for DH. The keyholes were one for DMS, and one for myself. I have now successfully used up the Sinsation yarn from Plymouth that I bought. I am planning to have a minimum of one scarf finished in a week (not that I am on a scarf binge) as my dear niece, Braydee, asked her Aunt Terri to please knit one for her, and she further thought having it ready when she got off the plane would be nice as well. Never mind that it was almost 80 degrees here yesterday. If the kid wants a scarf, then a scarf she shall have. I would love to knit something for her new little sister too. That little girl has stolen my heart from thousands of miles away. DMS went to China to adopt her, and they are still on the journey to bring back the new niece, Lucy. I better get started knitting!!!

No comments: