Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Victims of Knitting...

I have often photographed and posted pictures of my finished knitted items, although a few do sneak under the wire, but not often do I post my intended targets of said knits.

The Irish Hiking Scarf. This was made for a friend of mine (Mike) who lives in Columbia. I also made a scarf for his girlfriend (Kathy), but she prefers not be photographed. He really isn't a sour puss, but I will admit he looks like he has a date with the hangman in this pic...




The Lucy Bag. This was made for a friend's granddaughter who is 12-years-old. She sent me the kindest thank you note telling me that she loved the bag, and that her friends would like one "two". I don't know if the friends were requesting two each, or if they liked the purse also. Either way, I am not asking any questions, and intend to play dumb. I am generous not stupid.




The Bajeejee. Since working at a hospital, I have found that many people have fond little nicknames for anatomical bits and pieces. My friend (her granddaughter is the one with the Lucy bag) is having a complete hysterectomy and SPARC sling procedure, and she is no exception to the nicknaming convention. She has the same off-beat sense of humor that I do, and so I made her something that takes pictures to explain. However, I have used her anatomical reference to name the project that will forever more be known as "The Bajeejee".



I must say, I was very proud of the results of "The Bajeejee". This project gave me quite an education. Not only do the fallopian tubes have the fimbriated ends, but I also learned how to do a cerclage - albeit in yarn, but still! You never know, I could be called in to assist in surgery at any given moment - hush, it could happen!




NOTE: My mother does not endorse the poor taste of knitting or photographing "The Bajeejee", nor does she use the F-word. However, after she comes back from spending this coming weekend with me in St. Louis for the Loopy Spring Fling she might...

1 comment:

jokir said...

AAAAAHHH!