Saturday, January 19, 2008

Come On Old Sock!

Even recent projects that are not finished can rapidly become the "old" project when there is something else that you want to work on. I am hoping to have the lion's share of the second sock in the Leaf Lace pattern done by the end of the weekend. I have whined and offered a multitude of excuses why that sock isn't finished including the color is too dark to work on at night, I am too busy, or this is the second pair in a row of the same pattern. The truth is I just want to start my new sweater, I also want to spin, and those two things have led way to the aforementioned excuses. Also, as a last excuse, school starts on Monday...


As far as my spinning goals, I have been forcing myself to spin up the undyed yucko stuff that came with my wheel for practice before I move onto the good stuff, but I am beyond being over that... I have purchased several batts of colored fiber to spin. Starting with the fiber in the upper left corner that looks kind of rainbow-like (Cottage Fiber), then the peach-colored fiber (TerraBella Spun), the the fiber in the lower right (TerraBella Spun), and lastly the fiber in the lower left corner (Cottage Fiber). There is a naughty little enabler who set me on the Etsy path, and now I am hooked. I get kind of a little buzz coming home to a package of something in front of my door that I have ordered from Etsy. Another seller on Etsy that I really like, but have not ordered from yet is
Copperpot Woolies. The next thing you know I will be staying up late to secretly watch recorded episodes of Dr. Who...




This is my "Christmas money from Mom yarn", and it will be my next project as I think I am tired of socks for this minute. However, when I am halfway through the sweater, I will probably be plotting my next pair of socks. This yarn came from Misknits, a "curious little yarn shop" in Kansas City on the Missouri side. Amber, the owner, helped me pick out the colors, and she is just wonderful to work with. She always makes me glad I came into her shop, unlike a few others that shall remain unnamed - at least for now...


In response to FKD's challenge for her readers to participate in in the ABC - Along 2008.




A - A is for afternoon nap (Natty's), which I will not be getting as I am off to work on that "old sock". TTFN and happy knitting/spinning to all!


6 comments:

Christy said...

You know, my ultimate job would be as an enabler. I wish I got $5 ever time I turned someone on to something cool. I could buy lots of spiffy stuff and then I'd be able to tell people about even more cool stuff. Yeah. That'd be awesome. :-)

jokir said...

This is great-more frequent posts! I may just have to pop on over to Etsy myself.

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the sock-fatigue. I'm just kinda fatigued in general, though! We can hold each other accountable to finish up our socks. I've not even finished the first one.....

Debi said...

Cool pic of Natty! Glad you joined in Terri!

Janice said...

Thanks for de-lurking on my blog! Looks like we are jumping into spinning at the same time! Love all the fiber (and the links :-)!!) Also LOVE your Siamese! I had one growing up and love them. I would have one now if my kids weren't so allergic to cats!! Happy Spinning! (and knitting!!)

Nana Sadie said...

Ah, so Natty is an "undercover kitty," too?
(((hugs)))